Lord open my heart. Let me see you. Amen
Jesus’ new command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. John 15:12 (NIV)
Jesus invites you to dine with him. You bring a friend to meet Jesus. You are the last to arrive. You and your friend are seated at the end of the table the farthest away from Jesus. You recognize a few of the other guests:
- A girl from school who slept with the entire football team then accused them of rape
- The guy who looks and smells really bad
- Several gay and lesbian couples
- Some antisocials sitting slightly away from the group who either look scared to death, cry, mumble to themselves or look like they are plotting to kill everyone
- A women convicted of stealing from the poor
- And several “non-Christians”
You take another look at your invitation. It’s a party for the least, lost and left out.
Is anyone missing?
Your friend asks, ““Why does Jesus eat with these people?” Matthew 9:11
What is your answer?
Why were you invited?